Hello, my name is Nikola More. I am the Inclusion and Safeguarding Lead here at Chowbent Primary School. I will play an important part in the relationship between home and school by supporting families on a wide variety of issues. I work closely with all class teachers, colleagues and outside agencies to support our children's needs the best we can.
Here are some of the duties I carry out within my role:
- Act as a link between home and school; this includes making home visits or meeting at another location if necessary.
- Supporting parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with school.
- Help children and families to increase attendance and minimise absences.
- To work holistically and effectively with parents in ways that will improve their children’s' well-being.
- Provide relevant information about, and access to, appropriate support services and opportunities that enable parents to improve their skills.
- Offer a wide range of services to children and families requiring support and information.
- Work with children on a 1:1 basis or in a small group.
- Deliver Nurture Group and Reflective Art.
- Talk with, support and encourage children in school.
My role is a varied one tailored to the needs of individual pupils and their family circumstances. I provide:
- Support with children's behavioural, emotional and social development needs.
- A listening ear.
- Attend annual reviews or support meetings for the children in school.
- Opening links to other agencies, for example CAMHS, Gateway, TESS (Targeted Education Support Service) and Children's Services.
- Working with a range of professionals like the Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist, TESS workers, School Nurses and Doctors.
- Promoting family learning in school.
- Conducting home visits.
I am here to support children and families/carers with a wide range of issues and concerns. A few examples have been listed below:
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem.
- Home circumstances.
- Home-school relationship.
- Breaking down communication and language barriers.
- Transition between schools and especially from primary to secondary school.
We know children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child's development. My aim is to encourage and maintain a strong, positive partnership between home and school. I help with many worries and concerns our parents or children may have however large or small.
If you would like to talk or ask for any support, then please do not hesitate to contact me or pop in school to see me.
Please click on the link below to download our Attendance and Punctuality information.